Position: Hydraulic Modeler
Location: Dallas, Texas
Compensation: Competitive salary and compensation commensurate with experience
Complete and oversee a variety of professional assignments as a Hydraulic Modeler and in one or more specialized areas of municipal engineering involving research, planning, design, construction and maintenance of water, sanitary, storm water, transportation, and other municipal projects.
- Record drawing research and incorporate data to build city sewer system model
- Populate forecasting for ultimate build-out
- Review flow monitoring data and develop unit hydrograph for model calibration
- Perform engineering research and calculations, hydraulics and hydrology modeling, storm water collection systems modeling, data collection, assimilation, and presentations
- Produce design calculations, draft technical reports, and perform water resource studies
- Provide technical and production support assigned to projects
- Provide engineering design and construction services, and field support
Minimum Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- E.I.T. certification
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; able to convey information effectively, and understand ideas and information presented in writing and verbally, including presentations
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of relevant engineering experience
- NASSCO Certified (PACP/MACP)
- Experience in GIS
- Experience in InfoWorks
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and tolerate working in hot or cold weather conditions. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
- Personal Protective Equipment: None required in office. If working in the field, equipment will be used as needed.
RJN is an Employee Owned professional engineering and specialty field services firm providing sustainable collection system solutions for infrastructure owners. RJN is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm, and a Top 200 Environmental Firm, as well as a Top 50 Trenchless Technology Design Firm.
Since 1975, RJN Group Inc. has provided our customers with value-driven engineering solutions to enable them to meet their service demands. Our employee-owned firm is capable of tackling projects of almost any scale; from small studies to multi-million dollar, total plant rehabilitations.
Our customers are also our neighbors. We have offices from Colorado to Massachusetts. This means that our staff are supporting the communities they live in. We are locals and take pride in keeping out communities and sister cities running. Those we work for have come to associate our name with creativity, reliability, and quality.
We let innovation take the lead. We perform critical services for wastewater and water systems, relying on technology and key partnerships - such as our recent venture with MTA - to keep costs down and efficiency up.
RJN provides a very competitive benefit package including:
- Company-funded employee stock ownership plan
- Medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance benefits
- 401K matching retirement plan
- Flexible work arrangements and schedule
- Professional development opportunities
- Wellness programs
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time off
- Holiday time off
- Casual dress code
RJN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.