Position: Project Manager
Compensation: Competitive salary and compensation commensurate with experience
RJN Group, Inc., a national engineering firm specializing in infrastructure assessment and rehabilitation, is seeking Project Managers in several of our markets.
Complete and oversee a variety of professional assignments in one or more specialized areas of municipal engineering involving research, planning, design, construction, and maintenance of municipal transportation and drainage, water, sanitary sewer and other municipal projects. Lead project teams to successful completion and on budget, timely submittal of deliverables associated with contract scope of work as assigned.
- Technical oversight of assigned project task responsibilities
- Interpret, organize, execute, and coordinate assignments
- Plan and develop engineering projects of considerable scope and complexity
- Apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments
- Serve as technical liaison, acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the individual's field
- Prepare project work plans, setup documentation, and schedules based on contract scope of work. Estimate resources required to perform projects or tasks as assigned.
- Act as lead engineer on evaluation and design projects. Lead assigned tasks in area of expertise on large, complex projects. Lead technical aspects to determine sufficiency of existing transportation, water, sanitary, and other municipal systems.
- Compile and analyze complex engineering data, and prepare conclusions and recommendations. Perform research and develop innovative solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Prepare technical memoranda and reports summarizing projects, findings, and recommendations. Lead development of deliverables for assigned projects.
- Present complex technical concepts, results and conclusions, and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, project managers, executives and public officials, and the general public.
- Effectively handle client and citizen inquiries and public relations relative to projects and assigned tasks.
- Supervise subordinate staff, providing guidance and mentoring to ensure the quality delivery of work product within budget and time constraints.
- Train, coordinate, track, and supervise subcontractor activities.
- Lead the effort to design and prepare preliminary and final plans for transportation, water, sanitary, storm water, and other municipal projects.
- BS degree or higher in Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Experience in municipal projects: transportation, water, sanitary, and/or storm water projects
- Minimum of 10 years of experience preparing plans and project reports for municipal projects
- At least 4 years of experience as a Project Manager preferred
- Experience with standard CAD platforms such as AutoCAD, Microstation, and/or Geopak
- Experience with hydraulic modeling software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong data analysis skills, technical problem solving ability, organizational skills, and multitasking ability
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and with a project team to completion of task. Ability to lead a team of staff engineers and technicians on assigned projects or tasks.
Staff Engineers, Data Analysts, CAD and GIS Technicians, Field Technicians
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; squat or crouch in a confined space; climb ladders or steps; work with arms above the head; talk; and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and tolerate working in hot or cold weather conditions. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal. The noise level in the field environment is usually moderate.
- Personal Protective Equipment: None required in office. If working in the field, must wear steel-toe boots, Class 2 or Class 3 safety vest, and high visibility T-shirt. leather gloves, safety glasses, hard hat, and other standard equipment required by assignment or task.
RJN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.